XMM-Newton Science Analysis System
omthlcplot (omthlcplot-1.3) [xmmsas_20050815_1803-6.5.0]
Meta Index / Home Page
is designed to produce plots of light curves
measured by the OM. However, any file containing a RATES header
extension with 1-99 columns can be plotted with this task.
- If the output file is postscript, the optimum presentation can
be achieved using A4 portrait. However, no more than 15 plots per
page are recommended as it then becomes difficult to view the
- Error rates are rebinned following a quadratic scheme (Central
- Time intervals all have the same length, the first one is
TSTART , TSTART + Binsize*TIMEDEL where TIMEDEL is
the bin width read from the file .
- We note in  that the keyword TIMEDEL is
specified in MJD. We have assumed it to be given in seconds.
- Time on the X-axis is given, beginning from T-TSTART, in seconds.
- The output devices are those of the PGPLOT library. The device
list is governed by the drivers access to PGPLOT.
XMM-Newton SOC/SSC -- 2005-08-15