- create and move to a working directory
- point to an observation data file (ODF)
setenv SAS_ODF /path/to/<ODF>
- generate a calibration index file (CIF) from a repository of current
calibration files (CCFs).
- point to the newly created ccf.cif calibration index file
setenv SAS_CCF /path/to/<ODF>/ccf.cif
- extend the ODF summary file with data extracted from the instrument
housekeeping data files and the calibration database creating a new summary
odfingest outdir=$SAS_ODF odfdir=$SAS_ODF
- run e.g the EPIC MOS or/and pn pipeline processing
or, alternatively, use the chain tasks
After some time, a set of calibrated event files will have been
created in the working directory including the merged event lists of all
active MOS and pn CCDs, respectively.
- In order to inspect the content of these files, the Graphical User
Interface (GUI) of the xmmselect task can be started:
xmmselect -d &
- to select one of these newly created MOS or pn event files as input data
set, either enter its name directly in the table parameter window or
click the button on the right hand side to start the file browser: in the
right panel of the dataset browser you can select one of the event lists by
double-clicking on it with the left mouse button, then search for the table
extension called EVENTS, click on the left mouse button again to select it
and finally click on "Ok" at the bottom right of the dataset browser panel.
- press "Run" in the xmmselect window. The main xmmselect
window (figure 16) appears.
- make use of the "Product selection" tasks offered via xmmselect
to generate filtered event lists, images, spectra or rate curves.